I grew runner beans as usual, they turned out great & we have loads in the freezer to keep us going through the winter.
The sweetcorn was a bust yet again, don't know why I bother.
I didn't sow any tomatoes, still have lots of puree stored from last year that I haven't got through yet.
Carrots were great, parsnips still in the ground but hopefully they will be awesome come Yuletide.
We had lots of nice strawberries but the raspberries were few due to the dogs wreaking the plants.
So I got on & made some more crochet items.
|Jenny's Faith designed by Anastasia Roberts|
I will talk you through the process with pictures as I do not have video.
|I broke all the pieces up & put them into spare jars & then started to melt it, some in the microwave, then adding it to the jars in the saucepan.|
|I used some old crayons to add colour, mainly because the wax was dirty (lots of dead flies too). I added some old wax melts to some of them, this added colour & scent (much better).|
|Topped them up all the way & let them start to harden, had to keep stirring for a while as the colour started to sink.|
I also have been making more soap.
I wanted to be able to grow my own additives/colourings to use in my soaps but not all of it has worked out. I'm still in the testing stage but so far the only success has been the Dock roots. It has given a lovely pink, I used far too much in the test bar but it still looks awesome.
|Dock coloured soap|