Monday, 27 March 2017

Mothering Sunday



So last week I ordered some more seeds, the last lot never germinated. I'm hoping these will. There was nowhere near 80 seeds in the pack, didn't bother weighing it to see if the weight was correct but suspect it included the wrapping.


The second set of seeds looks good. The Gromwell is for my Apothecary dye garden. The root is used to make a dark purple colour. The Anthemis was a freebie so I will have to google it to see what it can be used for.


I picked myself up a new hose as the other one I had is beyond saving. Although I love using these expandable ones they just don't last, I sometimes wonder if they are worth the cost. This one was only £8 off the market so not too bad if it only lasts a few years.



I also picked up one of these, something I've wanted for a while. Nice thing was that I picked it up for £8 with a bottle of ethanol thrown in. 

Today I picked up some more strawberry plants to fill up the trough I bought the other week. 
I also ordered some lavender from T&M, special offer for less than £5. They are only small but hopefully I can grow them on to use as a hedge out the front, to keep the neighbours from sitting on my wall (bees being a buzzing deterrent). 

Hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day, mine forgot.

2 comments:

  1. I bought that lavender collection last year. First I potted them into modules and then out in a bed to grow on at the plot. They flowered late and have produced good little plants

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fireplace...and now I'm off to see if the lavender offer is still on!!

    ReplyDelete