Sunday, 30 April 2017

Caught out

Oh dear, I think a lot of us got caught out with that cold snap. Luckily I had only put out a few plants.


The Lavender I ordered from T&M turned up, ahead of schedule. I expected them to be small but not quite this small. The postman had not been kind either, but a short while later they were all potted on & given a good drink.
bad postman


potted on & watered


I popped into the greenhouse to check on my plants there, they were all fine. 

Courgettes growing well, cucumber & melons a bit behind 

The strawberries have been hit by the frost, the leaves have a lot of brown patches. As yet I can't see any damage to the flowers so hopefully they are ok.

lots of flowers
 To top it all off as I came back in I spied a bird I have not seen for a long time. A Goldfinch. I don't mind too much that he/she was eating my grass seed, hopefully it will progress to eating the greenfly.


2 comments:

  1. We bought that collection last year. They grow quite quickly. After growing them in cells for a while I planted them in a nursery bed on the plot and they are now a reasonable size. I have been thinking of writing a blog about them so watch out for it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strawberries look fine! I can vouch for the fact that goldfinches are attracted by niger seeds.Our niger seed feeder never went down with our local birds. A week ago a pair of goldfinches turned up and just went mad for them!

    ReplyDelete